This year will be three years of celebrating Valentine's day with you. Each Valentine's day reminds me of not only how much I love you, but WHY I love you. Here are 14 reasons why I love you.
1. Angel is not a man of many words and it seems quite appropriate that his silence does intrigue me, but as our relationship continues, I have found that there's no need for a conversation at all times. And silence is what Angel continues to teach me, although I totally suck at it.
2. His smile is beautiful. He never smiles, but when he does, I treasure it! It lights up the world and makes my heart melt! The picture below is my favorite picture of us!
3. He continuously puts others before himself. Angel always makes sure that everyone is taken care of before he even thinks about spoiling himself. He has this favorite (homeless) uncle on Kapahulu and Angel always gives whatever food or left-over cash he has to favorite uncle. He is always courteous toward others he does and doesn't know.
4. Angel has this ability to be very patient with me. In fact, he has never yelled at me (not that i'm looking forward to him yelling at me). This leads to my next reason...
5. His ability to not have the last word. I'll be totally real with you all, we have issues and fights just like every other couple. I'm not going to sit here and write this as if we have no problems at all and that everything is all lovey dovey. However, Angel always knows when to walk away from a situation; obviously what he has I lack.
6. Angel has this sense of adventure about him. He is always down to try something once and he has taught me to not be afraid to at least try. Although it takes me a while after squirming and talking myself out of it first. This picture is of us during the 2011 summer. He tried geocaching for the first time and though he got poked by a thorn, he was still a trooper!
7. BLUNT, at the right times. Like, he wouldn't dare let me leave the house not matching, haha. Although in the picture below he failed to tell me that that scarf does not match that sweater!
8. Angel is a family man; he care deeply for his family and friends.
9. S I M P L E
10. Prayerful; he prays before leaving to go out, before meals and after church. His quiet time with Jesus inspires me to pray more often with him.
11. He encourages me to forgive, especially after months of sulking.
12. He is a good listener and great supporter in everything that I do.
13. Angel will drop anything to do whatever he can to lend a helping hand.
14. And the biggest reason why I love him is because he is a man of God. I used to write letters to God in my diary about the type of man I wanted to be with and sooner than I thought I had met Angel and it was as if my letters had become prayers. Well, my prayers had been answered and I continued to write for a while to God about Angel and the crazy thing is, we met through retreat and church and we actually had this smiling game that we would play before church started. Angel would tell me that I always looked so mad before church and the game was that when we see each other, we needed to smile (hence, why I love his smile). Angel is my inspiration to become the best woman of God I can be and although I always say i'm lost and I don't know who I am any more, I know that Angel is there for me. He continues to bring me closer to God through our relationship, prayer and laughter. He also teaches me to always serve others before myself. Although those personal aspects in my life still need some work, I know that I will one day be able to break out of my shell and serve others without expecting anything in return like he does.
Angel, your heart, believe it or not, is so strong and embedded in the Lord that your love wants to break free! I hope one day you will be able to see how much you are loved not only by your family and myself, but also by everyone else that is around you! Happy Valentine's Day my love! I'm so glad to call you mine :)
Happy Valentine's day + xo,
Valentine's day 2012